On 2024-07-09 10:38:51 (+0800), Viktor Dukhovni via mailop wrote:
On Tue, Jul 09, 2024 at 10:17:15AM +0800, Philip Paeps via mailop wrote:
With such low volume, you will really struggle to get email delivered to the larger mailbox providers, whose filtering is largely based on reputation. It's almost impossible to build up (and maintain) a reputation unless you
can manage at least O(hundreds) of messages to them per day.

That's not my experience.  My server for less than 10 users, sends
single-digit messages per day to the too big to fail email providers
with no apparent issues.  And my server even moved to a new network
provider recently (New York, NY, USA -> Melbourne Australia), without
any issues.  Just the same DKIM signing domains, plus matching SPF and
DMARC p=none.

Do those 10 users include you sending email to mailing lists with many subscribers?

I admit that my anecdata are from a couple of years ago. I stopped hosting family/friends email partly because their email stopped being delivered to their correspondents' inboxes any time I took a break from arguing with people on popular mailing lists.

Perhaps things have changed.  And that would be good.

I still run a couple small installations (low O(hundreds) of messages per day) without any issues. I will sleep better knowing that that I don't have to worry about overlapping holidays affecting deliverability. :)

Philip