On Tue, Jul 09, 2024 at 11:20:53AM +0800, Philip Paeps wrote:

> > That's not my experience.  My server for less than 10 users, sends
> > single-digit messages per day to the too big to fail email providers
> > with no apparent issues.  And my server even moved to a new network
> > provider recently (New York, NY, USA -> Melbourne Australia), without
> > any issues.  Just the same DKIM signing domains, plus matching SPF and
> > DMARC p=none.
>
> Do those 10 users include you sending email to mailing lists with many
> subscribers?

Yes, but that's not direct from my IP, the list servers send out the
posts to the subscribes, so my own IP reputation is not involved there.

> I admit that my anecdata are from a couple of years ago.  I stopped
> hosting family/friends email partly because their email stopped being
> delivered to their correspondents' inboxes any time I took a break
> from arguing with people on popular mailing lists.

Perhaps a coincidence, or you were paying more attention after the
breaks...  Many of the lists break DKIM signatures these days, by
adding message footers and decorating subjects, so it does not seem
like post to lists would be helpful.

> I still run a couple small installations (low O(hundreds) of messages
> per day) without any issues.  I will sleep better knowing that that I
> don't have to worry about overlapping holidays affecting
> deliverability. :)

Good luck.  My ISP's address block does appear on a couple of the more
rabid RBLs (e.g., UCEProtect), but this is not leading to any problems
with mail delivery.

I did go to the trouble of getting a DWL whitelisting, it should help
to counteract the occasional hit from a marginal RBL.

--
    Viktor.