Hi Declan

I have had excellent luck printing to a pdf, with the exception of some
bitmaps. We actually produce about 20% of our final output in pdf files and
it makes my life _much_ easier. My clients like it, too, because they can
reprint (to various printers) as often as they want. The PDF writer also
allows you to build documents from multiple sources - pretty cool if you
need a map in a report.

A couple of comments:

1) You need to get the latest edition of Adobe Acrobat (4.0x) - 3.0 does not
work nearly as well.

2) Bitmapped images in a layout window sometimes come out a bit ragged.
However, raster underlays in maps seem to work just fine.

3) You will need to tinker a bit to get the right output settings.

Overall, I strongly recommend using pdf files - they do a good job and make
your maps very transportable.

Regards,

James

James L Marlow
Director, Geographic Information Systems
Channel Marketing Corporation
15032 Beltway Drive
Dallas, Texas 75001

Telephone 1 (972) 858-9600 extension 331
Facsimile  1 (972) 858-9601
email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
www:  http://www.cmcus.com
This electronic message and / or file attachments is Copyright (c) 1999
by Channel Marketing Corporation.  All Rights Reserved.
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail transmission and/or the attachments
accompanying it may contain confidential and / or privileged information
belonging to the sender. The information is intended only for the use of
the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or the
taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information is
strictly prohibited. Any unauthorized interception of this transmission
is illegal under the law. If you have received this transmission in
error, please promptly notify the sender by reply e-mail and then
destroy all copies of the transmission.