I've used printing into pdf for quite some time now - and can only recommend
it. However you have to select 600 dpi as your default resolution - it looks
publication quality.  Use only proper paper for your deskjet/plotter - it does
make a difference. The resulting output looks much better from Acrobat than
printing directly from MI, especially text - fonts are somewhat rounder, less
affected by "rastering" effects.

Milo