Thanks to all you responded, The NOT IN Clause works great!

-----Original Message-----
From: Fast, Tim [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2002 12:13 PM
To: 'Morrier, Steve'; MapInfo-L (E-mail)
Subject: RE: MI-L SQL Help

Steve,

Not to worry, you won't get fired. Remember we are the ones who actually do
the work!

Here is a method for selecting records in one table that do not match
records in another table.
Consider a situation where we must find all the records in TableA whose
values in FieldA do not match the values of FieldB of records in TableB.
Fill out the first 3 fields in the SQL Select Dialog box:

Select Columns: *

from Tables: TableA

where Condition: NOT FieldA IN(SELECT FieldB FROM TableB)

Hope this helps

Tim Fast
Pioneer Hi-Bred International