Carolyn,

 Use the table> Update Column menu item and set it up so that you use
 this expression to update your new field.

Left$(OldField,Instr(1,"/",OldField)-1)

On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 12:31:15 +1100, Carolyn Bergin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi guys

I have a dataset that contains a field with references like 1/375 and
2/540 etc.  I need to update another column with the just number
preceeding the /.  Is there any way I can do this using an SQL.  The
dataset is huge and im trying to save some time rather than going
through and manually updating them all.

--

Robert Crossley
Agtrix P/L