And if you want to make it a bit faster, this is especially the case when
the column contains the same values a number of times, as with road.

Select Columns: *

from Tables: TableA

where Condition: NOT FieldA IN(SELECT FieldB FROM TableB Group By FieldB)

HTH,

Peter
Peter Horsbøll Møller, GIS Udviklingskonsulent / GIS-Developer
Kampsax A/S - GIS Software & Solutions
Rugaardsvej 55, 5000 Odense, DK
tel: +45 6313 5013,  dir:+45 6313 5008,  fax: +45 6313 5090
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.kampsax-gis.dk and www.kampsax.dk
Authorized MapInfo Partner & Distributor in Denmark and Norway.
Klik ind på http://www.kortal.dk og se det hele lidt fra oven!
----- Videresendt af Peter Møller/Kampsax - 01-03-2002 08:02 -----

                    "Fast, Tim"

                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>               Til:    "'Morrier, Steve'"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "MapInfo-L
                    Sendt af:                            (E-mail)"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]        cc:

                    onsmag.com                           Vedr.:  RE: MI-L SQL Help

                    28-02-2002 18:13

                    Besvar venligst til "Fast,

                    Tim"

Steve,

Not to worry, you won't get fired. Remember we are the ones who actually do
the work!

Here is a method for selecting records in one table that do not match
records in another table.
Consider a situation where we must find all the records in TableA whose
values in FieldA do not match the values of FieldB of records in TableB.
Fill out the first 3 fields in the SQL Select Dialog box:

Select Columns: *

from Tables: TableA

where Condition: NOT FieldA IN(SELECT FieldB FROM TableB)

Hope this helps

Tim Fast
Pioneer Hi-Bred International