>>> Ralph Dumain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 03/25/2008 10:36 AM

It was a fatally flawed program from the start, but amazingly, Obama
has made it this far.  I'm sure that if he survives this Jeremiah Wright
"crisis" that he will face equally formidable obstacles in the months to
come.  I was singularly unimpressed by Obama's allegedly inspiring 2004
speech.  I haven't looked at his autobiography to see what happened to
him between the time he was community organizer (whatever that means,
exactly), the his entry into the electoral arena.  Clearly he was a
shrewd operator to make it to this point, but I wonder if he believes
his own propaganda to the point that he thinks he can pull this off on
the basis of the premises of this campaign.

^^^^
CB: I wonder whether this much success is a surprise to him, too. So,
maybe he says, "I didn't think I could get this far, and I got this far,
so it may be possible that I can win the whole thing."

^^^^^^^

I have been disappointed by this whole campaign season. I don't see an
easy way out of the current situation.  It disturbs but doesn't surprise
me that white voters are reacting adversely to the sudden discovery that
Obama is black (according to the one-drop rule).  Still, he is likely
the lesser of two evils compared to Hillary, who was once annointed as
the shoe-in.

So what do you think of Bill Richardson as a running mate?

^^^
CB: I'm thinking Clinton should be the running mate, or O as vp for
Clinton. Otherwise, some of their followers may not vote Dem or at all.