In a message dated 8/26/2009 1:23:50 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
cb31...@gmail.com writes:

>> His "what's wrong with eugenics ?"  I took as half  joking, not to
advocate in favor of the well known
historically racist  eugenics efforts.   Not all historical eugenics
theories were based on  a theory of races.<<

Comment

Fair enough. I did not think he was joking. Chalk it up to my bad sense of
humor. My starting point was the founder of eugenics -  1865. My premise
was as eugenics has been advocated for in America, rather than say Istanbul.
What is wrong with eugenics - in the epoch of the bourgeois mode of
production,  rather than the health movement of say 4,000 years ago, is its
concept
of  "creating better people."

>> I'd say Trotsky's discussion of eugenics is not racist in the  sense of
espousing a theory of human races as the basis for making eugenics
decisions.<<

Count my comments on Trotsky's statement in support of eugenics as half
joking. His vision of a future America, as presented in the letter suggested
by  a writer, was probably Trotsky half joking also.

I of course do not support or advocate for eugenics.

Do you?

WL.