I of course do not support or advocate for eugenics.

Do you?

WL.

^^^^^
CB: I support genetic engineering that would cure genetically based
blindness, cancer, heart disease or other universally recognized
diseases. See below

CB:  I can't say that I subscribe to any "old" eugenics theories, but
not all eugenics theories are based on the notion that there are
better and lesser races.

Today there is a potential for genetic engineering.  If there are
forms of genetically based blindness from birth, and there is
discovered a way to prevent that genetically based blindness, to
prevent it would not be racist or a bad thing in general. Some forms
of cancer, heart disease and other pretty much universally recognized
diseased conditions have genetic components to their etiologies.
Nothing wrong with curing these through genetic engineering

The notiion that it is preferable to be sighted than blind does not
entail a notion that the sighted and blind constitute two different
races. Same with cancered or not cancered , or heart diseased or not
heart diseased.