On 2014-03-15, at 4:30 PM, Joseph Catron wrote:

> And since Lou keeps returning to Jewish opinion, attacks on Jews, etc.,
> etc., ad infinitum, I have a vague idea that the Jewish leaders of Damascus
> are responsible for the kind of flowery praise that would make Dolinsky's
> comments look like fiery denunciations.

Let's not overlook also that Svoboda and right-wing Ukrainian nationalism in
general is not only about the Jews. Like the rest of the European far right
which has a soft spot for the old-fashioned fascism, it is virulently
anti-immigrant, anti-union, anti-gay, anti-abortion, and anti-left as well as
being anti-semitic. In one breath, Louis tells us not to tut-tut about these
guys and in the next he laments the absence of left-wing flying squads in
Maidan which could have beaten the shit out of them and replaced them at the
head of the protests.