We have been down this path before.  N. Ireland is the classic instance.
 It was set up in 1922 on the six counties of nine county province of
Ulster. the first Prime Minster declared "a Protestant parliament for a
Protestant people".  The reason why only six counties were included in N.
Ireland was that the other three had large Catholic majorities.  But there
were always too many Catholics in N. Ireland - around 30% then and now
close to 50%.

The demographic danger necessitated systematic discrimination against the
Catholics in terms of  boundary rigging, jobs and housing. That in turn
meant unending social tension between the two communities and that
periodically exploded until we now have a state which is divided by its
power sharing arrangements. Moreover, it is one that is sliding inexorably
into dissolution.

The same fate awaits this one-state dreamed off by the Israeli Right.  And
that is why I still believe that ethnic cleansing is on the Zionist menu.

comradely

Gary

On Mon, Sep 1, 2014 at 11:54 PM, Marv Gandall via Marxism <