#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Joseph Catron:
For my part, I think defensiveness of any sort is precisely the wrong
approach. Not only is Zionism an explicitly racist ideology in its own
right (
http://www.ameu.org/Resources-%281%29/Why-DID-the-United-Nations-Resolve-that-Zionism-Is.aspx),
but it also happens to be the largest and purest repository of classical
anti-Semitic ideas, in the 19th-century mold, in the world today.

Aside from a few deranged weirdos on the Internet, where else will you hear
the kind of bile that has been flowing from Bibi, on a weekly basis, about
the inherent alienism and foreign loyalties of Jews outside occupied
Palestine? Why should we ever be defensive with this pack of racist creeps?
At this point, responsible activism for Palestine means putting them on the
defensive.

Ken Hiebert replies:
"At this point, responsible activism for Palestine means putting them on the
defensive.:
I agree.  I think that is the point of this discussion. How do we do that?  One
way is to be crystal clear about what we stand for and what motivates our
criticism of Israel.  Steering clear of people who want to use the revulsion
against Israel to peddle their anti-semitic garbage (eg. David Duke) would be a
good start.