>Sorry - I can't make any sense of this paragraph. What "major new
>story"? What is the reference to Enron meant to suggest?
>
>- Bill

Wasn't it Enron who was exposed in large part due to the revelation
of a bundle of e-mails and recorded phone conversations?  It has been
a while since I've seen the documentary about them, but I thought
that the forced shutdowns the company employed to jack up the price
of energy in California became a major news story about 9 or 10 years
ago.

Enron's billion dollar screwing of the state is to blame, in small
part, for Cali's woes today ('luckily' for Enron, their criminality
went down with Building 7).

Anyway, leaked communications nailed both groups of charlatans -
that's the point I was trying to make.

Solidarity,
Shawn