On 3/6/2012 4:11 PM, Jonathan Swartz wrote:
> I hear your concerns. So I'm not sure which of these you are suggesting:
> 1) Substitution tags should be HTML-escaped by default in Mason.
> 2) DefaultFilter should be implemented and documented in core Mason, so that
> it doesn't require a separate plugin install.
>
> #1 is hard to do because Mason is supposed to be content-type agnostic -
> usable for HTML generation but also other kinds of content generation.
>
> #2 is more reasonable.

Here is a question to ponder.

Mason, it seems, was born originally with the idea in mind for
generating web pages.  Tools that are generic have their place, but so
do tools that specialize.  Tools that specialize can implement
optimizations since they do not have to consider possibilities outside
their specialty.  Case in point is the question of HTML filters in the
Mason core.

So, the question is: Has anyone used Mason for anything serious other
than web page generation?  If the amount of people or projects using
Mason that are not web based is essentially zero, it may be better to
add web specific features and optimizations.

I do not know the answer to this question, except my own experience,
which is that 100% of my Mason projects are for the web.

Paul Wallingford