Darren,
I think this is a GREAT idea.  I've been trying to free up some resources to
work on a better MPL user's guide for our users this year.  If I can swing
it, perhaps we can help contribute some sections.

Given that we use the units system extensively, we'd probably have some
sections that are pure MPL and a lot of sections that use our custom time
and unit types.  It might be nice if there were hooks where we could build
our own local docs in with the standard docs.  I'm guess that would be
fairly easy...

Ted