I have developed a wxPython GUI that uses matplotlib to plot line traces
(using plot()).  If I were to plot about 250,000 data points, it takes
nearly 1 minute to load the plot (using a intel dual core), although once
this plot is loaded, it is easy to interact with it - changing the x/y scale
& scrolling along an x-axis, etc goes smoothly.  Is there a strategy for
the 250,000 datapoints...  I've plotted as little as ~15,000 datapoints,
which loads much quicker.  One strategy I can think of would be to only load
a segment of data and add more points to the plot as you scroll down the
x-axis.  But that would require appending to the current plot() instance,
which I assume isn't possible.  Thanks to anyone who has some insights.