Christopher Barker wrote:
> Michael Droettboom wrote:
>
>> If you're using 0.98.x with the wx backend, things are *very* slow.  The
>> performance of wx.GraphicsContext (that is uses under the hood) is
>> terrible.
>>

> For what it's worth, apparently you can speed up GraphicsContext code
> substantially if you use it right -- i.e. create and manipulate paths,
> rather than using GCDC.

Can you be more specific about this or provide a reference?  Matplotlib
doesn't use the wx.GCDC class.  Eventually you do have to draw something
to the screen, right?  Is there another way to do that besides going
through a DC?  It doesn't seem possible to create a wx.GraphicsContext
without providing a DC (at least in Python).  In my testing, it seemed
that clipping of any kind caused a major decrease in speed, not the kind
of DC being used.

Cheers,
Mike

--