On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 7:16 AM, Michael Droettboom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Christopher Barker wrote:

>> If we really think that would help, and we would use it for MPL, we
>> could try to get it done -- but I doubt that it's worth it -- we have
>> enough trouble keeping the wx back-ends maintained as it is.
> Yes --- there is something to be said for keeping the number of backends
> to a minimum.  Each one needs to have a reason to exist ;)

>>> It might be worth it just to get to the bottom of this.
>>
>> so are you working on an example? Or should I?
> I'm happy to do it, but may not get to it for a few days.  My own test
> was to run "simple_plot_fps.py" with "handle_clip_rectangle" (in
> backend_wx.py) turned on and off.  But obviously the wxPython folks will
> want a more standalone example.

I am happy to keep backends around if someone cares enough about it to
step up and maintain it.  Michael you are stretched pretty thin w/ all
the other stuff you are doing for matplotlib, and I know you don't use
wx yourself or at work, so I suggest we let Ken or Chris or someone
who has a vested interest in this backend pursue it.  As it stands,
wxagg is superior for almost every use case, and we want to encourage
people to use it.  Any effort we spend optimizing would be much better
put into agg, since that would help almost every user, rather than the
 few who are using native wx.

JDH