Unfortunately, I think this is a bug.  The ordering of fonts in the
family list is being ignored, and Bitstream Vera Sans is winning over
Nimbus Roman for reasons other than its name.  I'll have to get this
patch in for the bugfix release we're already planning.

As a workaround, try putting only "Nimbus Roman No9 L" as the only font
in the list.  Does that help?

Also, I don't see the Nimbus Roman font file (n021003l.ttf) anywhere in
the debugging output.  Are you sure it's in C:\Windows\Fonts ?

Mike