Jörgen Stenarson wrote:
> Michael Droettboom skrev:
>>> put the pfm/pfb files it somewhere else and have matplotlib use it?
>> I believe Nimbus Roman is just a clone of Times that is included with
>> Ghostscript.
>>
>> http://www.tug.dk/FontCatalogue/nimbus/
>>
>> If you have Times or Times New Roman installed, that's probably a
>> reasonable substitute.
>>

> I tried to use usetex to generate my pdf figures but I got a crash
> when saving the figure, log attached. I traced the crash to
> find_tex_file(), apparently ' can not be used to quote filenames in
> the windows shell it has to be ". In my patch I just changed it to
> always use " I don't know if that works on other systems.
Someone who knows about usetex should review and apply this patch.

But just for clarification -- the font lookup issues we were talking
about yesterday only apply when usetex is False.  When usetex is True,
all the font lookup happens with LaTeX, so you can't directly specify a
font by name.  Any particular reason why you're using usetex over the
default?

Cheers,
Mike