On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 1:10 PM, Christopher Barker
<chris.bar...@noaa.gov> wrote:
> John Hunter wrote:
>> OK, I can reproduce the problem and the solution is easy.  Open the
>> file in universal mode and pass the file handle to csv2rec::
>
> Shouldn't csv2rec open files in Universal mode by default anyway?

The only down side I can see to this is universal support can be
disabled at build time, though it is on by default.  At least this is
my interpretation of

  http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0278/

It's a pretty rare bug (in my experience and I work on linux, unix and
os x and freqeuently with excel files) with an easy workaround (pass
in your own file handle) so I am not sure we need a fix here.
JDH