I think we all have it wrong.  I think Sony uses the END SEARCH button
like a politician.  It gives people something to talk about Sony and
keeps their name in the public eye. Good or bad it is still there.
Another reason is to sell prerecorded minidisks because you can't mess
those up by inadvertently pressing record and not using END SEARCH.  <G>

Shawn R. Lin wrote:

> PrinceGaz wrote:
> >
> > I actually like the fact the ES feature gives me a slightly lower level
> > control of my MD-portie, I don't want it to think "Record? Well I'll
> > go to the free-space area because the dumb-user was to stupid
> > to position the recording point!".  ES gives me more control of wot
> > my portie does, and if peeps are daft enough to over-write their
> > existing recordings, they should go back to tape.
>
> I think that's silly.  To me the ES misfeature is just as silly as if
> all MS Windows software had an "End Search" button on all the Save As...
> dialogs.  If you forgot to click End Search first, then the file you're
> saving would automatically be written over the cluster that you last
> accessed, whether it was used by a file or not.
>
> Shawn

Jim Coon
Not just another pretty mandolin picker
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]