I took my JE510 in for repair (for the turn-on bug) for the second time last
week.  I spoke to the management staff of my store to try to see if I could
swap it out for a JE530, but they said that that would not be possible.  I
must do this two more times, per the PSP agreement (and I'm an employee,
remember!).  I'm going to call Sony and talk to one of their techs.  The
problem I have is that it is part of a bundle, and my friend in Toronto has
the portable!  My store manager has told me that I could not swap just the
deck out.  Curiously, the JE510 does not have DEVO status, which would mean
that Sony would accept the unit back, no questions asked.  You'd think since
they're not willing to recall it, they'd at least give it DEVO status.
They're such bastards!

Daryl