I've got the combo listed in the subject, an SBLiveValue soundcard, the R37
and the HoonTech Digital IO Bracket II, running under Linux 2.0.36 using
Creative's Linux drivers.

Currently I can't get any sound out the optical port. There is red light
coming out of the TOSLINK port on the digital card, I'm monitoring sound on
the old-fashioned analog ports on the SBLive, but I don't get any signal to
speak of. My R37 seems to accept the signal OK, it says 'DIGITL' and then
starts blinking 0:00, without mentioning 'NO SIG'.

Putting an oscilloscope on the data in connection of the TOSLINK transmitter,
I see a square wave, +/- .5 Vpp, at the proper frequency.

Granted, the SBLive has 48kHz output, not the standard 44.1kHz CDDA data rate,
but the R37 has a built-in sampling rate converter, and according to the
manual accepts 32kHz, 44.1kHz and 48kHz signals.

The HoonTech card seems to be OK, it copies digital out of my cdrom properly.
This looks to be a problem with the SBlive. The SBLive is going back this
afternoon, so we'll be able to eliminate that as one possible fault. Has
anyone else had this problem, or seen similar things before?

Be Well,
Chris