On [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 13:07:59 +0100
> From: Magic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: MD: MZR37, SBLive Value and Hoontech adapter
>
> Emmanuel Thiry wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure that Creative's linux driver supports digital I/O.
> > Last version I had a look at was beta 0.3
>
> I was under the impression that the software supplied with the SBLive!
for
> X-Windows was the same as that supplied for Windows9x, is this not the
case?
> I would have expected that the Linux software would have at least come
with
> some type of mixer, and that the controls would tally with those on
the
> Win9x systems.

Check http://developer.soundblaster.com/ : what Creative offers to
download is a tiny 120kb file, far much less than for Win9x (about
20Mb).
Of course mixer software for Linux exist, but they won't handle the
SBLive!'s digital I/O so long as Creative does not relase more advanced
drivers.
And so long as Creative won't release the specs of this board, there
will be no other drivers from Linux developing community.

Emmanuel Thiry
[EMAIL PROTECTED]