Dave Mabry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> There probably isn't a drive made that someone hasn't had problems
> with.  My experience with this drive and my two friends' experience with
> Phillips SCSI drives are good.  In general, most drives work pretty well
> as long as the computer they are connected to is working properly.  Most
> problems that I have helped people fix with CD recorders are actually
> problems with other software on the hosting computer.

Well, my problem is that my CDWriter (Hewlett Packard, actually, but made by
Philips) went dead after less than 16 months of very light use.
Obviously it's not under warranty anymore, and I'm encountering lots of
problems to find ne1 to repair it. It costed me a lot, and I've been
disappointed, for example, by the fact that it can't overburn, like many
other same price burners (Yamaha, TEAC, Plextor) do.
In any case, this is off topic, so maybe we should end it here.

Luca
-> If I can't repair my CD Burner, I'll never buy Philips anymore.