It depends on the disc as to how many songs are used before full name
capacity is used. If I have an important song with 200 or so characters
needed before the title is complete, I "code" the really comparably
horrible songs at the back of the disc with titles like "333B14"
(Meaning Hit Disc Series 333, Disc B, Track 14). Usually I'll never play
these songs, but if I do, and I can't recall what they are while
listening I refer to the Master HitDisc CD Library (over 2,000 HitDiscs
so far which are stored in organized numerical order) and look at the
information there to dechiper what "333B14" is. If I'm out and the
library is not available to me since I store it at home, especially on a
DJ gig, there's a 99.99% chance the song isn't worth playing anyway-but
once I record a song onto MD, I rarely erase it-if it turns out to be
more of a "stiff" than a hit I just move it to the back of the disc,
where the "crappy" stuff is usually stored. Of course, there are many
exceptions, where every song on the disc is a legitimate hit.