On Sun, 23 Jan 2000, Andrew Hobgood wrote:

        Hi!

> I'll also need to get a sound card for my machine that supports S/PDIF
> bidirectionally under Linux/Alpha... anyone know of any that work under
> Linux, particularly with the ALSA drivers?

        I dunno if the drivers, which are included in stock 2.2.x kernels,
or the card itself will work on alpha machines, or the card itself, but
I'm using a Turtle Beach Pinnacle Fiji w/ digital option (A great card)
with a 2.2.x kernel to transfer via the S/PDIF connector to a MDS-JA20ES,
and it works/sounds great!

        The only drawback is ALSA support is in the TODO, and it doesn't
have mmaped sound support (i.e. no quake, games, etc.)

        The good news is that the card is being sold refurbished by TB, at
a very good price taking into account that it remains being one of the
best regarding AD/DA and S/N ratio, I guess pro-quality.

        Good luck,

Francisco J. Montilla               System & Network administrator
[EMAIL PROTECTED]      irc: pukka        Seville            Spain
INSFLUG (LiNUX) Coordinator: www.insflug.org   -   ftp.insflug.org