From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On
Behalf Of J. Coon
Sent: Wednesday, January 26, 2000 8:05 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: MD: Mics

When you record loud gigs, you should put the Sony in manual record level
instead of auto level.  When you see the signal level at the top, it will
clip no matter what mike you are using.  Put it in manual and set it lower,
it probably isn't the mike that is doing the clipping, but the recorder.
Try it at home and record your stereo with it at or near full volume.
Quick, like a bunny, record some in auto
and then switch to manual and drop the recording level.  by now, your
neighbors have probably called the cops, so turn the stereo back down and
listen to the results.  I think you will find it is the level setting that
is doing it.