They don't likely want you pluggin in because they need all the channels on
the board they use, and an extra minidisc, if someone else doesn't know
that's in charge, would likely be a pain. Just one more thing the sound guy
would have to worry about, that's all.
At 10:08 AM 1/27/00 +1100, you wrote:

>Yowdy,
>
>The other night i recorded my first live gig on my MD. The sound guy
wouldn't let me plug into the desk, even though the band requested it.
Luckily i took along my mic. It was given to me as a gift by minidiscweb,
due to the fact that i' requested a blue unit but they only had white. The
mic ain't that great; it's a Aiwa Stereo condenser microphone CM-TS22
(marked as a business/live recording microphone).
>Anyway the recording is pretty good but quite distorted. It was a pretty
loud PA, in a smallish bar. It doesn't sound to me like digital distortion
(i had my R91 on auto rec. level setting), so i'm guessing it would be the
mic that was clipping. On playback however, the signal sits pretty well on
full (i'm guessing the wave form has pretty straight edges due to the
clipping?).

>I was going to buy a Soundprofessional AT 853 mic soon. I've heard this is
a great sounding mic, but would this also be the solution to the clipping
problem? Also, is this one of the best for recording loud indoor (and
outdoor) gigs?

>Cheers,
>Jason
>
>EOM
>
>NOTICE - This message contains information intended only for the use of
the addressee named above.  It may also be confidential and/or privileged.
notified that you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance
on it.  If you have received this message in error please notify
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Brent Harding
Watch ads for over $20 per hour! Visit this site to join ad vision!
http://www.bepaid.com/users.rhtml?REFID=10160429