From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On
Behalf Of J. Coon
Sent: Saturday, February 05, 2000 11:46 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: MD: Unlimited SCMS from SBLive!?

Martin Schiff wrote:

> Larry,
>
> I believe you are correct, because this problem just bit me in the butt. I
> made original recordings to MD with microphones, and when I try to
transfer
> them to the computer using a Hoontech soundcard with Yamaha drivers (which
> implement SCMS) it will not copy.

If you made a recording to MD with microphones, it is an analog recording,
and
it will allow a digital copy to be made from it.  However, if you make a
digital
copy of the MD to another MD, the SCMS bits will be set to not allow another
digital copy to be made.

--
Jim Coon
Not just another pretty mandolin picker.

My first web page

http://www.tir.com/~liteways