Are there still md recorders that do stuff like that?
What purpose was it that sony wanted this in, but found out they should
remove it? Isn't scms stuff usually found in test mode somewhere?
At 10:41 PM 2/5/00 -0000, you wrote:

>>      What is it about what I hear on the minidiscorg site about
>> scms that makes
>> this certain kind of resister put into the remote input that
>> some how pops
>> up a menu that lets you shut off scms? Why did the companies make this
>> feature built-in, just for this purpose, or does the resister
>> specifically
>> have something to do with it that the companies never knew.
>
>This worked on early revisions of the Sony MZ-R50. As far as I know, it was
>part of the test proceedures for them - it involved using a tool that
>slotted in the remote slot.
>
>I'm pretty sure Sony knew about it - although once the end users found out
>about it, they removed it to avoid any legal complications.
>
>--
>Simon

Brent Harding
Watch ads for over $20 per hour! Visit this site to join ad vision!
http://www.bepaid.com/users.rhtml?REFID=10160429