[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

/|\/|\ For me, in stereo (unless I have it at full blast) I don't get
headache, but in mono I do after about an hour and a half. /|\/|\

  I can't explain it, but I can say it happens to me as well. There is
fatigue when I listen to monaural recordings, but only through headphones. I
don't know why it is like that, but if anyone can shed some light on it, that
would be cool.

  At first I thought it was just the radio (FM stations around here seem to
be in a pissing contest to see who can compress and limit the most) but after
getting my 702 and some monaural recordings under my belt, I realized it was
the lack of stereo, too, as well as the compression/limiting. (My favorite
stations are on AM or on FM but 70 miles away -- hence no stereo.)

  If anyone could explain it, that would be neat. It obviously doesn't happen
with monaural sources piped through a speaker or speakers... Just
headphones...

~Zach
http://start.at/cens - The Cutting Edge of Nothing Significant