Dear Magic,

Thanks for your prompt and knowledgeable reply. You are right that the MD
computer data drive might get killed in the market place, but, in my humble
opinion, only in an isolated, not an integrated, situation / solution.

I mean if someone develops MD data drive and try to sell it, the possibility to
fail in the market place is very high. You have clearly pointed it out. And, I
fully agree with you. But, if it is an integrated solution, the possibility of
success should be much higher....

Let's imagine...the so-called integrated solution:
(1) MD digital camera: a digital camera which has a build-in (or USB interfaced)
MD data drive, the picture files can then be stored on the MD disc...
(2) MD digital video camera: similar to (1), (already developed by SONY, which
is called MD View, if my memory serves me.)
(3) MD digital voice recorder: similar to above.
(4) MD MP3/WMA player: an MP3 player which has a built-in MD data drive (or USB
interfaced) MD data drive, the user can copy MP3/WMA files from computer onto
the MD discs and re-play the music from the player.
(5) MD computer data drive.

Basically the user need to have either (1), to (4) with (5) to have creation,
duplication, transfer, and, backup functionalities. (5) alone is only an
isolated solution which provides very limited functionality.

By the way, again, I want to emphasize the "form factor". Because of the
small-size of the MD, (1), to (4), even (5), can be built in very compact size,
which is impossible for ZIP, CD-ROM, DVD-ROM,..., etc. As for the mini harddrive
or memory stick, they are still too small in capacity and too expensive in price
comparatively. But, I do believe they will have their role in the future if the
capacity can be further increased and the price can go down rapidly.

Just some humble opinions. Thanks.