From: Peter Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Minidisc List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, March 31, 2000 12:14 PM
Subject: MD: Fw: Fw: Transferring MD to CD

> I cant  go into the menu if I dont have the software, nor know of anyone
who
> does,  nor do I have a CDR.
> I am merely asking questions because I am new to the transfer of MD to CD
> and have found the list to be full of valuable advice.

Doing MD to CD is very easy if you have a CD-R drive, but you need to make
sure your sound card is quite good quality so that the recording you make to
your PC is high quality, and you'll typically need about 700Mb of hard disc
available (around 10Mb per minute of audio). The hardest part is getting the
record levels set right in the sound software, but that's just a matter of
playing the loudest point on the disc and using that as a reference. The
only downside is it can be very time consuming - you need the time o play
the disc, split up the file you recorded into tracks (unless you do one at a
time) and burn them to CD. I usually find a 70 minute MD takes me about 2
hours to get right, but I like to fine-tune the record levels and EQ the
sound sometimes too which takes a bit of time.

Magic
--
"Creativity is more a birthright than an acquisition, and the power of sound
is wisdom and understanding applied to the power of vibration."

Location : Portsmouth, England, UK
Homepage : http://www.mattnet.freeserve.co.uk
EMail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]