From: Tony Antoniou <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, April 03, 2000 7:29 AM
Subject: RE: MD: Fw: Fw: Transferring MD to CD

> Umm, I hope we're not losing sight of the big picture here. Fact is, we
use
> a high quality recording medium for a good reason 3#-)
>
> It's not about who can do the post-production quicker, but who can make it
> sound the best.

I often get the mix just right direct from live source to MD, so I don't
need to adjust the EQ much if at all. All that usually needs to be done is
to boost the volume. I deliberately record low so that if I get sudden
dynamics occurring on stage they don't get clipped. It's also nice to run
off a virtually untouched copy of the original onto CD as a WAV file before
I do any production editing because that means I have a backup I can restore
if I make a mess of the editing. It's far easier to recover 74 mins from a
CD in about 5 mins than to re-record the MD to the hard disc again.

Magic
--
"Creativity is more a birthright than an acquisition, and the power of sound
is wisdom and understanding applied to the power of vibration."

Location : Portsmouth, England, UK
Homepage : http://www.mattnet.freeserve.co.uk
EMail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]