* "Dave Hooper" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  on Wed, 03 May 2000
| I find that my Sharp-831 does not offer particularly good compression. I can
| clearly HEAR the artifacts, especially if the music contains a quiet passage
| that contains a proportionately large amount of background hiss, and on
| cymbals, hihats, etc.

First thing you should do is get a better set of headphones and see if that
makes a difference.  If you are hearing any hiss at all, that is probably
the reason.
--
Rat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    \ Do not use Happy Fun Ball on concrete.
Minion of Nathan - Nathan says Hi! \