what about Sony's CD-MD combo that writes at 4x?

have there been issues with that?  I vaugely recall guidelines for
getting 4x, but most of them seemed to be stuff like the cd not
being balanced due to labels, or excessive cover art on the disc.
I don't recall there being a problem with the MD media.

Also aren't the kiosks they're setting up in Japan writing at
like 8x?  I don't think the MD is the problem in this...

thoughts???

-Jeffrey