Stainless Steel Rat wrote:

> * "J. Coon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  on Sat, 10 Jun 2000
> | A speaker set would be much cheaper.  You can get a CD carrying case,
> | put the MD and Speakers in it to make it easier to carry.
>
> Cambridge Soundworks has a spiffy portable speaker set: two small
> satellites, subwoofer, and a small car-type (lead) rechargeable battery to
> power the set.  Cost is around $70, I think.

Intersting.  Now my question.  Does anyone make a single piece
amplified stereo speaker system?  I had a really nifty one oh, 'bout
10 years ago.  Had a little compartment on top to stick the walkman
or tape player or whatever.  Used 8 D batteries and would recharge
nicads.  No idea what brand.  Alas, it went in the house fire.

I would LOVE to have another one of those.  It was so nice - just
clamp the walkman in the compartment and it became a 1 piece
device.  No fooling with cords or carrying cases or the like.

Anticipating that nothing like this is made, anyone know of a decent
amplifier (component or board level product) that could be used in a
homemade speaker box?

John
--
John De Armond