* las <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  on Tue, 18 Jul 2000
| You keep making that statement.  But you still have not presented any actual
| facts to prove what you are saying.  My car example eliminated your "basic
| manufacturing math".

Your car example is flawed in that you are comparing two totally different
classes of vehicles.  Apples and eggs.

| Lets look at it another way.  The smaller you make something, the less
| materials you have to use to make them.  That just as well be used to fit
| your statement about basic "manufacturing math".

Materials cost is only part of the equation.  For equivalent quality, the
smaller unit has stricter tolerances.  That increases cost.

| There are just no hard and set rules here.  It might be possible to make a
| great sounding pair of earbuds for less then a carppy pair of headphones.
| The isn't always a true relationship between price and quality.

When you are comparing two otherwise equivalent items, the smaller one
costs more to manufacture.  Crappy headphones vs. equivalently crappy ear
buds, the ear buds cost more to make.  Look at the Headroom catalog.  Hell,
look at Sony's catalog.

| That's the BIG American lie.  "It it costs more it has to be better".

Actually, that's the BIG German lie.  BMW figured it out first.
--
Rat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    \ When not in use, Happy Fun Ball should be
Minion of Nathan - Nathan says Hi! \ returned to its special container and