Yes, semantics it is !

Peter.

Didn't I hear that on the TV show "Millennium?"

I'm not doing any flaming here and apologize for getting off of the topic,
but
that is one of those cryptic statements that people like Chris Carter write
that
really have no meaning in the real world.

Saying that without evil there could be no good is like saying that in space
you
would be weightless and then since you had no substance you would not exist.
If
there was no evil we might not have the word good.  But it is just a
question of
all things being relative.  There would actually be only good, but since
there
was no evil, what we now consider good would just be "normal".

You can apply this concept to all opposites.  Pretty and ugly; big and
small;
smart and dumb; etc.  It's all just semantics

regards,
Larry