From: "Charles Redell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> I don't understand why there isn't a differnece in sound quality between
> blanks (If that is really the case)? I mean, why are some more expensive tha
> others? Are some not made better/easier for the laser to read/smoother
> inoperation or something akin to all of that?
> Cassettes definitely have higher qualities amongst them... Why not MDs?
> Thanks,

Where do I start?  Cassettes are analogue and MD are digital, with digital
recording you either read the data or you get garbage, garbage shows up
wuite clearly when listening as snap, crackle and pop sounds.  Dodgy tapes
will more likely give a more muffled playback, which will get steadily
worse as the recording detiriorates.  Unlike the digital media, even a
really poor analogue recording will resemble the original, but a digital
one where half the bits are unreadable is ready for the bin.

However, unless you have a faulty disc, or MD equipment, you should never
encounter digital errors that exceed the error-correction information
included on a minidisc.

PrinceGaz.