las <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>To me music is something you do because you have a passion for it.  If
>people are willing to pay you money to make music that's fine.  But the
>minute it is no longer about the music, but about the money instead, you
>are no longer an artist and your passion has turned to lust.

Larry, I completely agree with most of what you wrote about valuable
professions not being paid what they're actually worth.

However, the problem with the above statement is that if we don't pay
artists, there will be no art. You have to pay the rent, and no matter
how much people love to write, sing, play, paint, sculpt, etc., if they
can't do it while putting a roof over their head, they won't do it. Sure,
there will be a few homeless artists who do it for the love of the art,
but I'll sure miss the variety of music...

[I won't even try to emulate Larry's attempt to keep it on-topic <grin>]