Dan Frakes wrote:
> But that doesn't help those of us on digest mode (probably a majority of
> the overall subscribers), whose digests consist of a huge number of
> "coupon" posts and advertisements.

Get out of digest mode.  Set up a MD folder and sort  all the MD mail
into it.  Then when you read the mail, just click on the subject line
and all the mail for that subject is together.  if you see the word
coupon, use the delete button.

> Rick doesn't want to "ban" Peter's posts, and for those looking for
> deals, I agree with Rick that they are useful. HOWEVER, Simon's idea is a
> good one. Peter should set up his own "deals" list for those who want his
> commercial postings. This isn't really the best forum for that, IMHO.

That isn't any good.  People that are interested in MD get on the list
to find out more  about it and where the deals are.  We need to make
suer newcommers know of deals so they can get their feet wet.

> True, but Peter's posts are often several each *day*. It's nothing
> against Peter, or "deals." It's the quantity.

Well, he could put all his info together and just post one ad a day with
all the info.

--
Jim Coon
Not just another pretty mandolin picker.

My first web page

http://www.tir.com/~liteways