"J. Coon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> But that doesn't help those of us on digest mode (probably a majority of
>> the overall subscribers), whose digests consist of a huge number of
>> "coupon" posts and advertisements.
>
>Get out of digest mode.  Set up a MD folder and sort  all the MD mail
>into it.  Then when you read the mail, just click on the subject line
>and all the mail for that subject is together.  if you see the word
>coupon, use the delete button.

No offense, Jim (really), but the solution to this problem is *not* for
digest readers to change how they receive list mail. The digest exists
for a reason (for many reasons, actually).

>That isn't any good. People that are interested in MD get on the list
>to find out more about it and where the deals are. We need to make
>suer newcommers know of deals so they can get their feet wet.

I was under the impression (from the description of the list) that it was
for discussing MiniDisc technology, getting help, etc. I didn't see "and
where to get good deals on a daily basis" in the description. What's
wrong with the suggestion already made: people can join Peter's list,
that HE ALREADY HAS SET UP FROM HIS WEB SITE (emphasis for clarity, not
rudeness). No more work for people like you who have filters, etc., and
it relieves the rest of us of having to dig through them.

This is a simple solution. Those who want the deals can get them. Those
who don't want them don't have to see them.