<< I was always under the impression that MD was brought out to replace the
Tape
and not the CD.
But most people (including myself) seem to always get into the issue of
MD vs CD.  >>

I own 2 stand alone CD recorders and a bunch of minidisc portables and
decks......I have to say the CD recorder naturally makes a perfect copy with
no compression.........but overall I prefer the minidisc stuff........I own a
recording studio and have purchased a thousand gadgets in my
life...........but nothing has ever tickled me like MD.....I've been using it
for 2 years and I'm still in love with this format.........as a songwriter
there has NEVER been a better portable format than MD..........I have put my
portable in the hands of several songwriters in this area and everyone of
them has ran to the nearest MD dealer to buy a portable.........it is an
incredible tool for writing songs and live recording but I don't think many
songwriters in the US have discovered MD and that's very sad.........I (as
usual) blame Sony.......they invented the format and hogged it to themselves
for too long and didn't push it nearly enough in the US and I thought the ads
they had were obscure and ridiculous........well anyway.......only cool
people are into MD.... a lot of theater groups here in the northeast use only
MD.......they say it is perfect for live theater........okay......I've said
enough........

Tom