Dan Frakes wrote:

> Not I... I'd rather carry my E900 and five MDs that a player that holds
> CD-sized media any day of the week.
>
> Say what you will about compression -- and you know that I'm one who
> firmly believes there is an audible difference between CD and MD -- but
> for portable applications, where audible differences are less noticeable,
> MD is simply a better format IMO.

I'm still the one that thinks most people can not really "hear" the
difference.  But like everyone else, psychologically I would probably prefer
to listen to the CD.

I really doubt that I could HEAR the difference.  Since we moved into an
apartment, I do a lot of my listening on a Sharp MD-C2 mini system and I am
almost satisfied with that.  Most of the time that I get a chance to listen
to music is in a car.  So I'm not the guy who can be too critical.

I usd to think I had golden ears.  I used to have amazing eyesight too (that
part is not subjective, it was a fact) and now I have to wear reading
glasses.  But I can still appreciate the difference between listening on my
Onkyo system than on my "crappy" Sharp.

To me, most MP3 compressed songs that I download sound acceptable.  I have an
Apex 600 DVD player that will also play MP3 files and has a digital output
(but I had to buy a coaxial to optical converter from Nate from Canada-who is
on this list).  I like to make digital copies on to MD and listen to them in
the car.

Larry