las <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>But the 5 to 1 compression still has a psychological affect. Also, a
>CD holds the same amount of music, but 5 times the "information"
>since it is not compressed. but is CD is not 5 time bigger than an
>MD. I'm talking about the disc itself. I'd gladly accept the extra
>size if CD were encased in jackets like the MD is.

Not I... I'd rather carry my E900 and five MDs that a player that holds
CD-sized media any day of the week.

Say what you will about compression -- and you know that I'm one who
firmly believes there is an audible difference between CD and MD -- but
for portable applications, where audible differences are less noticeable,
MD is simply a better format IMO.