Larry wrote,

| As long as MD is big in Japan and there is an internet, there will always
| be a source of MD gear and blanks at competitive prices.

But what about repair and service?  That is what concerns me.

For example, I just bought a JB940 by mail order, but the dealer is in the
US.  I can't buy one locally as far as I know, but I can get it serviced
nearby if something goes wrong.  It's not only a matter of the warranty;
it's a matter of a facility that has the parts and the service manuals and
staff who know, or can learn, what to do.

On the other hand, if c"s my W1 needs repair, it will have to be shipped to
Japan.  If MD dies in the US, we can still import blanks and accessories, but
what do we do for service?